Psy-Winder 5-Axis Waterjet Cutting Head
With recent advances in control and motion technology, 5-axis waterjet cutting (abrasive and pure) has become a reality. Where the normal axis on a water jet are named X (back/forth), Y(left/right) and Z (up/down), a 5-axis system will add an additional A-axis (angle from perpendicular) and C-axis (rotation around the Z-axis).
5-axis cutting opens up a wide range of applications that can be done on waterjet. As it is still a relatively new technology, from a business standpoint, the profit margins from this type of work can be very attractive.
- Wide Cutting Angle
- From 0° vertical to 90° horizontal.
- Range of Travel
- Capacity of 12" to 24" vertical travel on Z-axis.
- With positioning accuracies of ± 0.0166 degrees (± 1 arc minute) the Psy-Winder really is the most accurate 5-Axis cutting head of it's kind in the waterjet cutting industry.
- Software / Taper Compensation
- Allows the programming of bevels on parts or to allow for taper compensation to virtually eliminate the taper commonly found on parts cut by a waterjet.
- 2D and 3D Capabilities
- Post processors are available for both 2D and 3D CAM software.
- Depending on the waterjet system, speeds can be up to 2,000 in/min.
- Multiple 5-Axis Heads
- Up to nine Psy-Winder five-axis cutting heads can be installed on one cross beam with a single X-Classic controller (which can be retrofitted to all previously released WARDJet systems and to most other waterjet systems).